Friday, April 15

happy anniversary

to my parents.

today, tax day, is their 45th wedding anniversary.  (hope i got that right!)

my parents have a great "story" - they met as young teenagers (i think my mom was 13 and my dad was 15?) in the south pacific.  their parents were called as building missionaries and, consequently, my parents met and grew up together on the islands.

isn't this the best picture?  my parents, playing shuffleboard, on some boat across the world.  look at that dress and the color in the photo - i love it.


here they are, fresh out of the salt lake temple, on their wedding day.  i'm not sure why my mom changed out of her wedding dress upon leaving the temple, and since their "photographer" didn't load film in his camera (my mom's brother in law) there are only a handful of snapshots.  her dress is lovely - i would love to share it with you...


so happy anniversary, mom & dad!  i hope you have a great day full of love and lots of memories of your life together!

9 quick quips:

Johanna said...

You have a wonderful way of capturing and honoring family members! That was one of my favorite things about the birthday posts you used to do. Thanks for reminding all of us just how lucky we are to have our parents. Love You!!

Natalie said...

I just love that story. And those pictures are fabulous! That top one looks like a still from a movie.

Baumgarten Family said...

What a romantic story!! I had no idea!! Very cute and love the pics ;)

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

Those pictures are great! What a fun story!

Michelle said...

I have no idea they met so young! That picture is classic.

M.J.A. said...

I love this! pics, story, everything!!

The Little Red Hen said...

My sisters and I thought they were 'so cool' when they got married. I remember Aunt Pam giving me a little necklace to wear. She was sitting at a vanity...(with make-up and everything) when she gave it to me. Being under the age of 10, I thought she looked like a movie star sitting in front of the vanity mirror.

My sisters and I thought that they should have gone on the Newlywed Game show. We were sure that they were 'cool' enough to win!

Happy Anniversary to Aunt Pam and Uncle Joe....still as cool as ever.

Carin

Heather said...

Such amazing pictures! My parents don't have any wedding photos either! The photographer forgot to plug in the flash! What the....! It's a CRIME!

p.s. I'm so excited about your new house!

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

What a wonderful love story - I haven't heard it before! They are a gorgeous couple, that photo is fabulous!