Wednesday, May 7

happy birthday dad!

this is my dad

his birthday was yesterday, may 6th. happy day dad! my dad is a great man - he has the strongest work ethic out of anyone i have ever met. he has such a strong sense of duty - i love that about my dad. when he is committed to doing something or has a task or favor in front of him, he does anything he needs to do to complete it and does the best job he can. he is very thoughtful of others and cares for his family greatly. my dad loves to golf, fly (naval pilot for 22 years), write in his journal, and take photos (my dad just got a new digital slr camera at christmas - thanks to some strong encouragement from weston.)
one thing i admire in my dad is his kindness and partnership towards my mom - a big example of this (in my lifetime) has been the way my dad pops up from his chair at the dinner table, clears everyone's dishes, and proceeds to clean up after dinner (dishes and kitchen clean up). this is a priceless gift - someday i hope my husband learns to do the same :) it may sound silly to value a thing like dishwashing, but it has always been a huge example to me of the way my dad is a partner to my mom.
thanks dad and i love you! have a great year!

3 quick quips:

Donnie and Kristi said...

I agree....you're dad's freakin awesome. He's one of the few people who have made a really good lasting impression on Donnie...and he did it in a really short amount of time :)

the coltons said...

awww :) i'll make sure to tell him that (unless he sees it on here)

Unknown said...

Oh man we totally forgot your Dad's birthday. Man we stink. Thanks for the reminder. I hope my husband will one day do the dishes and clean the kitchen. To his credit he does do the dishes but has not yet learned the art of cleaning up.