Saturday, May 3

whole different ball of wax

so being sick now has a completely different perspective:

gone are the days when i could stay in bed all day and sleep off the cold or flu or miscellaneous ailment. gone are the days of soaking in a HOT bath for an hour to relieve the chills or congested lungs. gone are the days when i could think about hopping in the car and making the 2 hour drive so mom could take care of me. gone are the days of doing whatever i needed to get better.

enter baby.

now, not only am i sick, but i still have to take care of kate. she doesn't really care that i have a pounding headache and 3 more hours of sleep would do my noggin some good. she doesn't really understand that i don't want to play all afternoon or bounce her on my lap (although it lifted my spirits today).

but she is so stinking cute it almost makes me forget my throat feels like it has the circumference of a pea.

i guess that even though gone are those more "selfish" days of "i'm sick - take care of me (husband, mother, anyone close by)," i am starting to "not be able to imagine" life without kate and that makes the last few days okay.

[it has always been a pet peeve of mine when people say they can't even remember what life was like before having their first child . . . really? memory's that bad?]

anyway, i think (i hope) this cold, or whatever it is, is turning a corner. although, being up at 12:54 am can't be good for my body. off to bed!

3 quick quips:

Sarah said...

That stinks your sick I hope you feel better soon!

Cynthia said...

Welcome to "Moms world"!!!. And I don't want to be negative but those sweet days of just being seek are never coming back, well not for a while. Sorry you don't feel good. I hope you were here so we could take care of Kate for you.

Cynthia said...

I guess I wanted to say I WISH YOU WERE HERE.