Monday, May 12

happy mother's day!

how much fun was it to have a new holiday to add to the list :) mother's day started at midnight saturday night - weston wished me a happy one with a kiss. how sweet. we then decided to keep talking and talking until we could see the light blue sky illuminating our bathroom . . . it was after 6 am! but it was fun to reminisce and talk about our lives and the years we've spent together. weston told me i got what i always wanted - staying up all night talking :) it was fun. we had church at 11, so we both got a few hours of sleep and then rushed to get everything ready for church - but we made it. the primary kids were cute and the flower i got should live for a couple of days :) when we got home, we ate and then took naps - all three of us. weston surprised me with something i have, in the back of my head, wanted for YEARS!!! okay, so i didn't exactly get the full-blown arcade version :) but i did get the ps2 version! i'm so excited! after our naps, weston grilled pork chops and i took care of the baked potatoes. it was a sweet day and i enjoyed every minute of it! i'm so so so grateful to be a mom and i love my daughter so much. she's been such a blessing in our lives and we love being a little family :)

1 quick quips:

Sarah said...

Man I thought having a kid would change your sleeping habits but I was wrong. You guys are awesome I could never sacrifice a nights sleep knowing full well I would I have to wake up and take care of kids. Those kind of nights are always fun to have and good memories.