Friday, May 23

littleton-1 . sandy-0

so during my quick weekend in colorado, i finally tasted all that texas roadhouse has to offer. i don't know how old this place is, but my family seems to have recently discovered it. my parents and my brother, alex, LOVE this place . . . and it did not disappoint. it was delicious (and i'm not much of a carnivore - i eat meat, sure - but my experience with steak is very limited).


so weston and i drove to the sandy location once i got home and it DID disappoint. I'm not sure if it was just an off night for the place, but my first experience was at least 5 times better. The service was nowhere near as fantastic, there was no complimentary appetizer for weston (the first timer), there was no peanut bucket or extra cinnamon butter at our table, the waiter was not as attentive and not nearly as fun, no cinnamon in my applesauce, my steak was not pink at all inside - completely cooked through and chewy (i'm not a big PINK fan, but i asked for medium to medium well, he asked if i wanted hot pink or light pink . . . you would think i would have had what i asked for). anyway, not to sound like a major complainer, but it was just altogether VERY unimpressive. i guess we'll have to go back and see if the 2nd time's the charm, but it's not really beckoning me back after that night.

i realize it doesn't sound very awful, and it wasn't. but don't believe the hype . . . i guess if you're going to the sandy location :)

10 quick quips:

Donnie and Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donnie and Kristi said...

We love Texas Roadhouse. It's one of our faves, however...I've never heard of the complimentary appetizer, nor have I had a peanut bucket of extra cinnamon butter. Perhaps the Colorado location is just freaking awesome, and if you try it first, every other location sucks. I would suggest to all who have never eaten there to never ever ever go to the Colorado one. NOW, have you tried Salsaritas? Muy Bueno!

Unknown said...

Sucks about your experience in Sandy. I guess I have never visited Texas Roadhouse in other cities, but I love ours.

The King Family said...

Texas Roadhouse is the best - we love it! Sorry you had a bad experience. Just join the crowd and start loving it! The rolls are to die for....just try the St. George one.....it is the best! :)

Ashley Taylor said...

Rory and I have a love/hate relationship with the Roadhouse. Love the rolls and always hate how they manage to mess up our steaks every time. After about three times of messing up our steaks we said something to the manager and he gave us a thirty dollar gift certificate. That complaint was really worth it. Only problem is, next time we went back, they still messed up our steaks. We have just gotten used to sending our steaks back at that place.

Michelle said...

I am so glad I have a blog now so that I can leave comments. I am so glad you posted about his because I have been wondering about this place and now I want to go and see what it is like. I'll let you know how it goes.

sterlingandbrandi said...

Hey Erin! How funny that I was actually blog-stalking friends from high school when I get a comment that a friend from high school is blog-stalking me! You guys look so cute and your baby is adorable. seriously. Did you know we live in Denver? If you come out to visit often we should meet up for lunch or a playdate or something.

the coltons said...

brandi - that's crazy you are living in denver - i had no idea. we'll for SURE have to have lunch or something when we come out next. where are you living? if you want to email rather than comment the info :) my email is erin7as@yahoo.com.

the little darlings said...

Hey, Brandi called me and told me to check you guys out, and wow, your baby is adorable!!!! our kids are probably a year apart. It's life with baby's amazing? I those this whole blogging thing!

sterlingandbrandi said...

We are in South Aurora, we've actually only been in Denver since March, we were in Seattle before that for a year. We stayed in Parker in corporate housing for about 2 months, which is where we were introduced to the Texas Roadhouse!